1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Brass Bushing on Whitfield Auger

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Sandra Boyd, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Sandra Boyd

Sandra Boyd New Member

Loc:
    Southwest CA.
    how thick of a washer do I get? Thankyou all for the info.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Sandra Boyd

Sandra Boyd New Member

Loc:
    Southwest CA.
    I've been to our hardware stores here in Lake Isabella (2) and they have no idea of what I am talking about when I say a fabric washer. I told them I can't use metal because of shorting out motor but can I use a neopene washer (Its black looks like rubber) with a washer underneath it to support it? Thank you and forgive me, I'm a blond. lol
  3. Sandra Boyd

Sandra Boyd New Member

Loc:
    Southwest CA.
    Why in the picture is it blue?
  4. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    Sandra, which specific model of Whitfield do you have?
  5. Dinger

Dinger Member

Loc:
    SW CO
    I think the point of the picture is to show the space that needs filled, next to the blue. I don't know if the neoprene would work or not, as it might be a little "grabby". Fiber washers are commonly used as drain plug gaskets and insulators.

You'll have to forgive me, as its been over ten years since I did this, and I was in my 20's then so I'm sure my memory isn't as clear as it should be. However, randomly I found these links to photos and this was my exact problem. Really, you just need something to fill that space so the center doesn't drop back in the motor housing. Plastics would work fine I'm sure.

This is all assuming you have verified that this is in fact your problem.

Good luck.
  6. Sandra Boyd

Sandra Boyd New Member

Loc:
    Southwest CA.
    Thank you I have a Whitfield Quest. I can put anything in thatr space as ong as it is not metal. Correct? I mentioned neopene washer because the new whitfield they want u to get is neopene I think. And no. I am not sure but if this doesn't work, next is checking the gears. I just figured this was cheaper than buying a new motor if I don't need one. Thanks again Sandy

S
  7. chamas

chamas Member

Loc:
    PNW
    Fiber washer, not fabric washer. Try asking for a fiber washer. Decent H/W store should have an assortment of sizes of fiber washers.
  8. Sandra Boyd

Sandra Boyd New Member

Loc:
    Southwest CA.
    lol ok thank you