1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Breakfast ideas!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Pallet Pete, Mar 28, 2012.

1. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    That is only when you have to go to work. Retired my breakfast every morning takes four minutes to fix. Frozen sausage patty goes into a small Styrofoam bowl and into the microwave for one minute. Three frozen pancakes go into the microwave for one minute while the sausage is being replaced in the bowl by two fresh eggs. Pancakes come out and the eggs, covered with a paper towel, go in for one minute while the pancakes are getting a bath in butter and syrup. Ding.

Pour the OJ and breakfast is ready. Every morning.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. greg13

greg13 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    CNY
    Have bfunk13 whip you up a Breakfast Pizza:)
    bfunk13 likes this.
  3. WES999

WES999 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mass north of Boston
    Toast a waffle, slice of cheese, slice of ham, top with baked beans.
    Quick and easy.
    Jack Straw likes this.
  4. btuser

btuser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    The island of Rhum Boogie
    Add some dark chocolate chips and your talking my language
  5. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
  6. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

7. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Too bad you don't live near and I cant ship beer ! I make awesome beer current brew tripple chocolate cream stout mmmmmm good.

Pete
  8. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    I don't want to start a new thread just for this. I am looking for a recipe for what I believe is called German Coleslaw. It's basically coleslaw with vinegar instead of mayo. We used to go a local church dinner and they served it and it was great.
  9. GAMMA RAY

GAMMA RAY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    PA.
    Sounds yummy Pete...

BB...I thought your not supposed to mic syrofoam? mad0025.gif
  10. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Here ya go this is what I use and it's goooooood lol.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/german-coleslaw/

Pete
    Thistle and Jack Straw like this.
  11. firebroad

firebroad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carroll County, MD
    If you want quick and easy, Take a bowl and spray with Pam. Add a beaten egg, you can put some butter in it, or some leftover cooked meat(i'm thinking BACON). Microwave for one minute, it will puff up pretty and taste great, no pan to wash no stove to wipe up. Make sure to mix the egg, or the membrane will cause a food fight in the mic.
    Jack Straw likes this.
  12. BrotherBart

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    From health.harvard.edu:

"Contrary to popular belief, some Styrofoam and other polystyrene containers can safely be used in the microwave."
  13. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    Dont do this often but this morning stopped at IHOP for a massive Philly Cheesesteak & fries w/ ice tea.That'll hold me until 6PM tonight at least. ::-)
  14. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Man I have not been to ihop in years we don't have any near us. The closest one is about 40 miles away but we do have flap jack !

Pete
  15. BrotherBart

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Had Tony whip me up a foot long cheesesteak and a mountain of fries for me and what's her name's lunch today.
  16. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va

thats a scream, ive been making a version of this for years! usually egges cheese jowl bacon (dont try it unless you intend to stay with it, havent bought "traditional" bacon since) sausage (extra sage)chopped up bell pepper, diced onion mushrooms (really any combination of meats /veggies works, but here's the secret to my version, peel and coarse grate several potatoes (i use russets) to add a starch as well as a filler to stretch it out but you want to blanch the potatoes (boil water then add shredded potatoes let it return to boil then remove from heat and strain then rinse with cool water blend it all up with the eggs, toss some panko breadcrumbs on top if ya want a bit of crunch and bake til done in 350 oven
  17. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA

That sounds awesome.Gonna print that out.Mom makes her coleslaw that's quite similar. Just finely shredded cabbage,bit of apple cider vinegar & 1/2 & 1/2,pinch of sugar & salt,finely chopped green pepper,sometimes a little shredded carrot.Its great with fried chicken,steamed sausages,pork chops,grilled burgers,seafood or chicken breast - just about any meats.I cant stand mayo,on anything.KFC is the only place I'll eat coleslaw out somewhere,its very similar to what I'm used to fixing.
  18. jimbom

jimbom Combustion Analyzer

Loc:
    Missouri Ozarks
    When blueberries are cheap, we buy a case or few and freeze them in freezer bags. Eat frozen in the car. Or throw into oatmeal. Quick defrost and mix with yogurt.

I eat a can of sardines often for breakfast. Did this morning. They do have a little salt added.

Common baking cocoa in coffee or hot water. Fill the cup about 1/3 full then add coffee. Need to keep a spoon and stir while drinking as the cocoa wants to settle. In the car, I just swirl the mug to keep the cocoa in suspension. I like to hit it with a drop of vanilla, peppermint, or cinnamon from day to day. Awesome and sugar free.

For the week, I have made six two egg Spanish omelets using salsa, diced ham, shredded cheddar and ingredients to choice. I spice each a little differently for that morning surprise. We have a little rectangular pan that is the right size for vacuum seal and freeze. Microwave for instant breakfast. Takes very little time as the prep and vacuum steps can take place while one is cooking.

We also seal and freeze crisp waffles if things will be getting hectic next week. The microwave is quick compared to heating up the waffle iron.
  19. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

kielbasa and spam too?! :)
  20. chuckie5fingers

chuckie5fingers Member

Loc:
    60 S. of Chicago
    Pete: to steal an idea from my 3 y/o, she takes sandwich bags and puts cut up fruit and cereal in separate ones to have as snacks as we go about our day.
    can also pre-scramble eggs and put that in the fridge, then just nuke it or pan fry in the morning.
    good luck
    chuck
  21. chuckie5fingers

chuckie5fingers Member

Loc:
    60 S. of Chicago
    have you guys ever tried the spam with bacon?
  22. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    I have fried spam in bacon fat, then fried the eggs in said pig renderings and ate the bacon / spam / egg awesomeness between huge biscuits made with,,,,,, (ahh, not so fast) lard. Didn't have any left over cold bacon fat :(

Used to do that mornings before a full day of skiing for with the guys. Even those calories didn't make it to dinner.

ETA: Don't eat like that often at all anymore. Bacon or sausage once per week now. However, I did make fried chicken tonight. First time in a year or more.

pen
  23. chuckie5fingers

chuckie5fingers Member

Loc:
    60 S. of Chicago
    Thats
    Thats what you call a walking heart-attack if I ever heard it.. LOL
  24. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

I got all spammed out in the military lol. We ate spam for breakfast dinner and lunch cuz that was all that got shipped to the field by accident. It took two weeks for the mre's to show up! Since then I can't look at spam without wanting to throw up lol. Chuckie I do bag up veggies a lot and take them to snack on. My old neighbor gave me the idea by taking big bags of carrots to work and munching all day on them.
  25. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    i usually keep a few boiled eggs in the fridge (make a few every few days, i'll chop em up and add some hormel bacon bits (not bac-o's) and mix in a little mayo, poke the stuff into a "pita"pocket. quick and out the door, with the pocket its easier to "one hand" while im driving to work.

for lunch same deal but drop the bacon bits and add some tuna fish tuck a little lettuce maybe dice up a little onion . nice thing about the pita pockets , they dont "go soggy" in a ziplock in the fridge as fast as slice bread does
    GAMMA RAY likes this.