Breaking in the Summit!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldspark said:
My house was built in 1980 and it has a fair amount of insulation but a lot of south windows so a south wind makes it hard to heat, other wise the stove does a good job for the most part, the stove top temperature of 788 I mentioned in you post was only hit once as I can not do that on a regular basis (not enough draft I guess). I understand why you only need 450 or so now if yu are only heating part of your house.

You got it! I bought the Summit so that it could heat the whole house if I have a party or company in the winter. But I also bought it so that it would heat efficiently with a quality secondary burn through out the cycle, and thus very little creosote, even when I'm only showing 400 degrees at the top of the stove next to the exit of the gasses to the stack pipe. The Summit gives me the best of two worlds.

I have the south window exposure too, but its protected by lots of fir trees. The wind very rarely blows from the west.

Additional everyone who comes into the house remarks on how beautiful the stove is.

Status
Not open for further replies.