1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

*Breaking the Rules* Do not try this at home.

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by smwilliamson, Jun 25, 2013.

1. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    I got it all taken care of. Easy enough.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH

What are you going to do? Will it be NFI safe?
  3. smwilliamson

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Of course!Most likely going to install a 6" Class A system behind the show room wall with three connections into it. Two connections will be capped off with the ability to move an insulated liner from one connection to the other depending on which model is burning. I only need one going at any time....but will allow me to fire up a wood stove should I want to go that route at some point. You'll see. I'll invite you all down when it's up and running.
    mralias likes this.
  4. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    If you want a large crowd, Just say "free beer" ;)

We like beer! ::-)
    SmokeyTheBear likes this.
  5. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Wait wait wait... You mean we can drink beer at his new store while standing by the pellet stove? So when does the place open?
    smoke show likes this.
  6. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

lol, yea, and don't forget about the "free stuff" giveaways too! Pellets? Tee shirts? hats? Beer?
    jtakeman, Don2222 and mralias like this.
  7. iceguy4

iceguy4 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Upstate, NY
    Yet another thread that changed into a beer thread...:p
  8. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    in my "burn trailer" i had a section of roller line installed along with several flues and a class a in the nose, was thinking if you had such a layout you could "shuffle" stoves then cover the roller line without having to do as much, or simply build "rolling hearths" (stove board over a wood frame with castors) that you could roll a unit to the flue or back to a static display and only need a small amount of penetrations. in our product video's we built a "fake wall" with such a hearth so we could move the stove and wall to shoot from different directions without having to fiddle with the camera and lighting and such (which really sux BTW) the rolling hearth worked much better
    Lake Girl likes this.
  9. TheMightyMoe

TheMightyMoe Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fairbanks, Alaska.

That's what I said kind of! =) Glad you figured out a way, although multiple stoves is mucho awesome points.
  10. smwilliamson

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    The problem i have here is that the roof is nearly 20 feet above the showroom floor. yikes! What ever burn credit I get will be absorbed in venting
  11. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hey Scott

You suggested this to me a while back and it works great! Just open up the back overhead door!

Also good for those customers who carry in their stove and ask. Can you test this out for me?

Just a quick plug in and in 5 mins your on fire!

Attached Files:

12. TheMightyMoe

TheMightyMoe Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fairbanks, Alaska.
    Customers that carry in their stove. *_*
    Jack Morrissey likes this.
  13. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Believe me it does happen! I guy called me up and asked me if I could fix his Whitfield. I said sure no problem but my service calls were 2 weeks out! So he asked if he could bring it over the next day and leave it! I said sure and he did! I diagnosed the problem and ordered the part and gave him a discount because he picked it up when it was ready! Biz is Biz and I treat my customers right!
    mepellet and smoke show like this.
  14. moey

moey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    I think if I saw someone carrying their stove Id fix it for free. I sold a wood stove to a guy not sure how much it weighed but he dead lifted it into his pickup. Took three of us to move it to the garage on a dolly.
  15. ScotL

ScotL Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Maine
    Exactly. The customer that carries in his pellet stove is always right! And his first and last names are Sir. Middle name Yes.
  16. PoolGuyinCT

PoolGuyinCT Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Plymouth CT

Ouch, and for half the money..
  17. Ironhorse74

Ironhorse74 Member

Loc:
    The Great Pacific North Wet
    Scott

I am in out of a dozen show rooms a week. There are a lot of ways to do this.

1) Call Duravent and ask them to engineer a system for you. I no longer Rep Duravent but before they were sold, they used to engineer the system and give you the pipe. Call Duravent or your distributor.

2) The way I did it, was to run 8" black pipe with tees where I wanted the stoves. I put dampers on the exhaust side of each tee, so I could adjust the draft. I vented the stoves into the tee. I then breached the sidewall and put an exausto fan on the pipe. The hazard to this system is you either have to leave the exausto running 24/7 or extinguish each stove then run the exausto long enough to exaust the smoke.

If you are a retail hearth shop, you shouldn't have to buy the vent

Peace

Brad