Breckwell Big-E Convection Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prinefan

Dec 3, 2005
Western Massachusetts
Good Morning:

I have read many posts on this forum about convection blower issues with the Big E but I have not come across a root cause here anywhere.My fan comes on when it is supposed to but on HIGH, then eventually it dials back to the "correct" rpm. If I sit next to the fan I can here it dialing back. Also, occasionally the fan stops all together. I then shut the stove down, for fear of overfiring and halfway through the shut down the fan comes back on again. I think is could be an overheating thing with the fan and it sounds consistent with other posts I have read here. I just replaced the board in July, is it possible that I got another bad board? The reason why I replaced the board was because I had these same types of fan issues and the auger stopped working. After testing both the fan and the auger with a suicide cord I determined the problem to be the board.

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Mark

How old is the stove? Do you have it on a surge protector? Sounds like a bad board but it might be a couple things.

P.S. your avitar picture is not a Big E.

Eric
330-876-0200

I do have it on a surge protector. I actually just got back from my dealer where I originally purchased the replacement board and after answering all the troubleshooting questions correctly, he gave me a second new board to try and the stove seems to be running great now(fingers and toes crossed). The P/N on the new board is marked with p/n ce-401 and ce-402. I originally had CE-401. Is this P/N thing similar to the change in P/N to the room-air fan P/N changes? I bought the stove new in 2004.

If I look on Climate Controls website, the actual P/N for the Big E says C-E-400, not 401 or 402.

Thanks for the reply and any additional info on the P/N's that are on the board would be helpful.

My avatar is of my Harman Mag coal stoker that I have in my basement.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.