1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Breckwell Big-E Convection Blower

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by prinefan, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prinefan

prinefan New Member

Loc:
    Western Massachusetts
    Good Morning:

I have read many posts on this forum about convection blower issues with the Big E but I have not come across a root cause here anywhere.My fan comes on when it is supposed to but on HIGH, then eventually it dials back to the "correct" rpm. If I sit next to the fan I can here it dialing back. Also, occasionally the fan stops all together. I then shut the stove down, for fear of overfiring and halfway through the shut down the fan comes back on again. I think is could be an overheating thing with the fan and it sounds consistent with other posts I have read here. I just replaced the board in July, is it possible that I got another bad board? The reason why I replaced the board was because I had these same types of fan issues and the auger stopped working. After testing both the fan and the auger with a suicide cord I determined the problem to be the board.

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Mark

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    How old is the stove? Do you have it on a surge protector? Sounds like a bad board but it might be a couple things.

P.S. your avitar picture is not a Big E.

Eric
    330-876-0200
  3. prinefan

prinefan New Member

Loc:
    Western Massachusetts
    I do have it on a surge protector. I actually just got back from my dealer where I originally purchased the replacement board and after answering all the troubleshooting questions correctly, he gave me a second new board to try and the stove seems to be running great now(fingers and toes crossed). The P/N on the new board is marked with p/n ce-401 and ce-402. I originally had CE-401. Is this P/N thing similar to the change in P/N to the room-air fan P/N changes? I bought the stove new in 2004.

If I look on Climate Controls website, the actual P/N for the Big E says C-E-400, not 401 or 402.

Thanks for the reply and any additional info on the P/N's that are on the board would be helpful.

My avatar is of my Harman Mag coal stoker that I have in my basement.

Mark
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.