Breckwell Big E pressure switch issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jaym4nn

Nov 12, 2016
United states
As the title says I am having the pressure switch shut the stove off 15 minutes into starting the stove. I checked the POF disc and the high temp disc. Both are working. I tested the pressure switch. It is clicking. When I would jump stove worked, but with a lazy sooty flame. So I cleansed the inside of the stove again. Cleaned the pipe going outside. Took off the combustion blower cleaned that. And the same with the convection blower. Tried the stove same thing. I then checked the door glass and ash pan seal. Everything looked okay. I then plugged the air wash on the bottom of the glass, and now the stove works great. Any ideas would be helpful. This stove never had any issues for two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Combustion motor may be on its way out. Ash pan and door seals might look ok but are they sealing? Paper test them and see. My latch cam got softend over the years and didn’t draw the door tight.

Combustion motor may be on its way out. Ash pan and door seals might look ok but are they sealing? Paper test them and see. My latch cam got softend over the years and didn’t draw the door tight.

Did you replace the latch or were you able to tighten it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a new one.