Breckwell CE-301 control board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesinreach

Feb 20, 2013
SF Bay Area
home.inreach.com
My power went off.. then on. The stove wasn't even on. Now it won't "light up". The fuse is good. Breckwell is now owned by US Stoves and they want to charge about $300 with shipping, etc, for a new one. Does anyone repair these things? This is only a few years old.. looks new. US Stoves told me I needed to have a surge protector inline. Funny I see nothing in the literature for doing this. Guess I know now. So I'm looking for someone that knows how to fix these things... brrr cold here in N. Calif!

Have you tried pulling the plug waiting several seconds and plugging it back in waiting a few seconds and turning it on?

Surge protectors are recommended for digital control systems.

Ship an email off to this address tell the guy what board you have and see what comes back [email protected] he does stove controller repairs.

Reactions: mralias
Thank you so much! I've tried pulling the plug as you so directed... but better yet, I found an unused new surge protector and can just turn the switch off and on. There was never a "line" power surge. I just flipped off a number of circuits at the breaker box while trying to replace a plug in the kitchen... then flipped them back on. That's all it took. I have been in touch with David... and he me. I definitely get power to the board... just the thing must have blown out a capacitor or rectifier... never realized how fragile they were. Even US Stoves told me they were VERY sensitive. Who knew.... and why didn't they come protected.. or at least specify they needed to have a surge protector! Nothing in the manual about that. Thank you!

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Thank you so much! I've tried pulling the plug as you so directed... but better yet, I found an unused new surge protector and can just turn the switch off and on. There was never a "line" power surge. I just flipped off a number of circuits at the breaker box while trying to replace a plug in the kitchen... then flipped them back on. That's all it took. I have been in touch with David... and he me. I definitely get power to the board... just the thing must have blown out a capacitor or rectifier... never realized how fragile they were. Even US Stoves told me they were VERY sensitive. Who knew.... and why didn't they come protected.. or at least specify they needed to have a surge protector! Nothing in the manual about that. Thank you!

Anytime,

If my remaining neurons are working correctly David is a member here. He has several examples of his work in video form on you-tube. Also there are others on here that given decent pictures and a full description of what is not working can do a decent job of pointing out what needs replacement.

I suggested what I did because I've seen them just fail to reset when the juice comes back on and allowing them time out of power and then replugging and allowing the internal reset to take place they fire right back up and giving it a try wasn't going to hurt and might have worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.