1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Breckwell Exhaust Smoke

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by mmurray, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmurray

mmurray New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    I own a Breckwell P24FSA. I have owned the stove for 3 years now. This year is the first time that I am noticing exhaust smoke when the stove drops to a low burn. I have the stove thermostatically controlled. In the past, the only time I saw exhaust smoke was during initial startup. The stove is vented straight through the wall. I clean the stove on a weekly basis. I cleaned the vent pipe at the start of the season. Does anyone have any idea why I am seeing this smoke. Should I be concerned?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

how are your gasket seals
  3. richg

richg Minister of Fire

Nov 20, 2005
    If I understand correctly, the problem is smoke coming from the exhaust outlet on low burn, not smoke leaking out of the stove into the house. Call me a rocket scientist, but it sounds like incomplete combustion. Not enough air, too much fuel, etc etc. I don't know anything about Breckwell stoves, and can only advise you to call either your dealer or Breckwell.
  4. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Jan 6, 2006
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.