1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Breckwell Exhaust Smoke

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by mmurray, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmurray

mmurray New Member

I own a Breckwell P24FSA. I have owned the stove for 3 years now. This year is the first time that I am noticing exhaust smoke when the stove drops to a low burn. I have the stove thermostatically controlled. In the past, the only time I saw exhaust smoke was during initial startup. The stove is vented straight through the wall. I clean the stove on a weekly basis. I cleaned the vent pipe at the start of the season. Does anyone have any idea why I am seeing this smoke. Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Mike

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

how are your gasket seals
  3. richg

richg Minister of Fire

If I understand correctly, the problem is smoke coming from the exhaust outlet on low burn, not smoke leaking out of the stove into the house. Call me a rocket scientist, but it sounds like incomplete combustion. Not enough air, too much fuel, etc etc. I don't know anything about Breckwell stoves, and can only advise you to call either your dealer or Breckwell.
  4. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.