1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

breckwell insert p2000 lazy flame

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by STANG32, Nov 21, 2012.

1. STANG32

STANG32 Member

Loc:
    CT
    this breckwell pellet insert has 3 glass sections & a real pain in the ass to keep clean, 1/2 a BAG & THE WINDOWS ARE BROWN & it just gets worse from there.
    anyway, the air adjustment is .all the way closed & the flame is just a tad above lazy.
    i am thinking that changing the sealwould help . anyone know the best place to get it & what size to get?
    when I last cleaned it, I fired it up & sprayed water on the glass(before the
    stove fired up) & you could see the water gettting sucked into the stove, so there is obviously an air leak around the glass

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. djs_net

djs_net Member

Loc:
    CT
    Why is the damper all the way closed? If your flame is lazy, have you tried giving it more air?
    I have the same stove and usually have the damper 1/3 to 1/2 open on setting 3. What type of pellets are you using?
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I agree.

Closed = Lazy flame.

Open = Lively/Active Flame

Open your damper more.

The glass should have an "airwash" . This is what keeps the glass clean. That's why the water was being sucked in.

I would also bet that your pellets are building up/piling up in the pot with it closed??
  4. STANG32

STANG32 Member

Loc:
    CT
    ok,maybe it is not closed, maybe its open. I am not certain but if I try to
    move the lever the other way, the flame gets wild & for lack of better word, weak.
    with the lever all the way open/closed, the flame is somewhat like a torch flame, if I move it
    the oposite direction in the slightest bit, it gets carazy & weak. if the lever went a little more it
    would be more torchlike which is why I think it needs to change the seal to close off more air.
  5. STANG32

STANG32 Member

Loc:
    CT
    oh & i am using stove chow pellets, been using them for 3 years
  6. djs_net

djs_net Member

Loc:
    CT
    If your damper is working properly, towards the right is in/closed (less air), left is out/open (more air)

From the owners manual (available on the breckwell website):

7. doublewide

doublewide Member

Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Time for a good cleaning. Open the back vent doors and tap lightly with a hammer to knock the stuck ash off. Use a piece of Romex wire to scrape the cavity vertically behind the 2 small vent garage doors. Vacuum out. Flame is lazy from lack of air, either from the damper or ash filled passages. Let us know if you get better results after cleaning.