kbabus Posted By kbabus, Jan 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM

1. kbabus

kbabus
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 18, 2011
    Loc:
    nj
    Last night stove over heated and the high temp disk tripped. when this happened the combustion blower
    shut off. After the stove came out of the high temp problem and reset the combustion blower started running again. So my question is should the combustion blower turn off when the stove over heats or is something not working correctly. Got a tad bit of smoke in the house when this happened due to the fact I have no oak but will be putting one in in the near future.

2. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 29, 2007
    Loc:
    Ravenna, Ohio 44266
    High Temp disk just disconnects the auger, this is the disk on the rear of the firewall, correct?

eric

3. kbabus

kbabus
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 18, 2011
    Loc:
    nj
    Correct hi temp disk and in the past if it high temp just auger went off. Now so does the combustion blower. Maybe board is going bad but doesn't make sense to me

kinsmanstoves likes this.
  4. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 29, 2007
    Loc:
    Ravenna, Ohio 44266
    The other question is why did it go off? I have never really seen that happen but it is there for a reason.

Eric

5. kbabus

kbabus
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 18, 2011
    Loc:
    nj
    I have the stove on a thermostat and turned the stove up to a higher setting to warm the house up. When it reaches temp the stove switches to low which lowers the circulating fan. If I let this cycle to many times it can put the stove in high temp. Breckwell recommends putting the circulating fan on high manual so this doesn't happen which I forgot to due