Breckwell P24I Convection fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

retainingwall

Feb 1, 2014
Southern Maryland
I started my 14 year old insert this morning and the blower fan didn't work. Now the auger stopped working also. The fan was a little noisy as was the auger. Did both motors go bad or could it be something else? I replaced the control panel about 1 year ago and ever since, I had to unplug the insert after cool down because the combustion fan wouldn't turn off. I notice that the control panel has a small crack at the on button. Could this be the problem. The on light and fan speed lights come on.

Convection fan? Need to extract the heat to the room ... would explain the overtemp switch. When was the last time it was cleaned? Mind you, after 14 years, it has earned it's rest==c

Convection fan? Need to extract the heat to the room ... would explain the overtemp switch. When was the last time it was cleaned? Mind you, after 14 years, it has earned it's rest==c

I just cleaned the stove. The temp switch clicked off because the fan wasn't working and it got hot. I lubed the fan and it did quite down, so I guess I might get a little more time out of it. Thanks for your input.

I have a P23i, about 10 yrs old, replaced the CV blower myself end of last season, found OE fan online for $200 (sealed motor, not open frame). Not too difficult, you'll need a ratchet extension and some patience. California vendor where I got the fan recommended to install with NO gasket or RTV. Make sure to clean the mounting surface thoroughly after removing the old fan and bolt the new fan directly to the stove, nice and snug. He said gasketing is not necessary and usually softens up after use and the blower becomes loose as a result. Stove working great, no leaks or smell of any kind. That crack on the control panel is just a plastic skin cover, you can put a small piece of duct tape over it to keep it from splitting further, or order a new cover online for under $10.

I have a P23i, about 10 yrs old, replaced the CV blower myself end of last season, found OE fan online for $200 (sealed motor, not open frame). Not too difficult, you'll need a ratchet extension and some patience. California vendor where I got the fan recommended to install with NO gasket or RTV. Make sure to clean the mounting surface thoroughly after removing the old fan and bolt the new fan directly to the stove, nice and snug. He said gasketing is not necessary and usually softens up after use and the blower becomes loose as a result. Stove working great, no leaks or smell of any kind. That crack on the control panel is just a plastic skin cover, you can put a small piece of duct tape over it to keep it from splitting further, or order a new cover online for under $10.

Thanks for the input. The fan is working ok now. I found the fan on ebay from the same place you got your fan. Maybe I should get one now so that I will have it.

Thanks for the input. The fan is working ok now. I found the fan on ebay from the same place you got your fan. Maybe I should get one now so that I will have it.
Good plan ... change out that old way since it will likely quit on one of those really cold days;)

Status
Not open for further replies.