1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

breckwell p24l is it worth it

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by case310350, Dec 18, 2010.

1. case310350

case310350 New Member

Loc:
    upstate
    I got an old breckwell p24l and after reading here wonder if its worth the effort to repair. The auger has pellets caked on it so I need to remove it, which does no look easy due to the confine space. But after reading about this model seems like they were not well made, although it looks well constructed to me. Any tips on getting the auger out and if its worth repairing??

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Roughly how old is the stove? Does it have the digital control panel?

The Breckwells have a removable(well the newer stoves do anyway) tin plate over the auger assembly. If you remove that its pretty easy to clean it out. Make sure you scrap off the old sealer and reseal it with high temp silicone when finished.
  3. case310350

case310350 New Member

Loc:
    upstate
    How can you tell how old? I figure 10 to 15 years old. I did not see a plate that could be removed. The controls are analog.