Brick work done, insert purchased now the stone...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
I finally pulled the trigger. I'm a proud new owner of a Lopi Declaration. Due to Lopi phasing out the 2 door model, I stopped by my local stove shop to look at the beauty I priced before. Stove shop owner says she's yours for $2,700.00 out the door including the faceplate. Told him to hold it, I'll probably be back. This floor model offer was some six to seven hundred dollars cheaper then two other two stove shops I called after his offer.

Now to the work. I'm looking to face the entire fireplace with stone (veneer, cultured stone, etc). Any suggestions and or procedures for "stoning" directly over brick?

Attachments

• Fireplace 1.jpg
    Fireplace 1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 305
Lopi makes a great stove! Congratulations! (Oh, and don't forget the liner!!)

As for how to adhere the stone, really do whatever the stone manufacturer says, whether that's adhesive or mortar. I'm sure it will look great when its done!

One thing for sure that paint will have to come off first for any thing to stick.

Sure you don't to clean up the brick and see how it appeals to you? It might look pretty nice with the paint stripped and mortar cleaned off the face.

Looking great! You will be warm before you know it.

Thanks guys. Yup, didn't forget the liner. I'll be ordering that soon from one of the suggested liner companies posted on this site. I'm steering away from the brick look because all of Levitt's houses in my area have the same brick or painted brick look. Plus, nothing looks nicer in my opinion than a stone hearth and chimney. You got it BG, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.