broke down today and fired up the stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
A little chilly in the house this morring so decided it was a good time to test the stove, befor the cold weather sets in. I must have done things right every thing worked well, buy forgot to empty the hoper. I found a fully loaded hoper.

93 here so probably will wait a day or two yet!!!! %-P

Still hoping to make it well into October and besides I haven't got the door gasket replaced.

Feels good doesn't it?

I did the same today too. Wanted to test my new door gasket, and try some new potomac pellets. Both worked fine though it wasnt a very long burn as its not that cold yet.

mine wasnt a long burn also. just a hour, wife was just shaking her head, but it was nice sitting there with a cup of coffee watchinh the flames. I will be happy with these temps (70) all winter but I know it wont happen.

I'm not there yet but is is getting cold in New Hampshire. I am really looking forward to it, which only reveals what a twisted, pellet-crazed person I have become. Thanks to Quadrafire and this Forum for enabling this behavior!

vgrund said:
I'm not there yet but is is getting cold in New Hampshire. I am really looking forward to it, which only reveals what a twisted, pellet-crazed person I have become. Thanks to Quadrafire and this Forum for enabling this behavior!

Watch the weather!!! You may have a reason to light the stove tonight!!
Feed the craziness!! I do!!

SmokeyTheBear said:
Still hoping to make it well into October .

X2

vgrund said:

And I thaught I was the only person like that. The wife said that i am obsessed with this stuff.

I pulled the insert this afternoon.

-Cleaned the Chimney
-Replaced a non existent auger bushing with a replacement (thank you dansons)
-Replaced the auger motor that burned up because of the bad bushing (thank you spare parts stash)
-Oiled the exhaust fan and the room air fan.
-Vacuumed everything

I did everything, except clean the glass and replaced the shrouds. I think I am going to remove the shrouds completely and sand and paint them. They don't look very good and they could use a fresh coat of paint. As far as the glass goes I just forgot to clean it.

It was 38 degrees two days last week. It is supposed to be 42 tomorrow morning. I have a few bags of bad pellets that I just want to get burned before the season starts.

closed the pool today, fired up stove last weekend bring on the cold and drop the puck!!!!

Got the stove running all night tonite... should stay toasty warm as it's only in the 40's right now.

One thing I noticed... my hound sure likes to sleep on the couch in front of the fire... she didn't have a place to snooze close to the fire in years past...

Status
Not open for further replies.