Broke my damn hinge block anyone know where I can get another?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whosthat

Sep 27, 2011
maine
broke my hinge block on my adjustment nightmare golden eagle 5520. just got outta work after a 12 hour shift and decided to screw with the door one last time because I have bad air leaks and the thing runs like crap. Snapped it right off, but the good news is after cutting my hand to hell i managed to get the old threads out so im ready for a new hinge. Are they standard sizes? can I pick one up at any stove shop or do I have to mail-order one and wait a couple weeks? I sapose I could even have one made but I'd rather not screw around...............

whosthat said:
broke my hinge block on my adjustment nightmare golden eagle 5520. just got outta work after a 12 hour shift and decided to screw with the door one last time because I have bad air leaks and the thing runs like crap. Snapped it right off, but the good news is after cutting my hand to hell i managed to get the old threads out so im ready for a new hinge. Are they standard sizes? can I pick one up at any stove shop or do I have to mail-order one and wait a couple weeks? I sapose I could even have one made but I'd rather not screw around...............

Call USSC and get one. Likely a lot of the stoves in their line are alike on several parts, but they will have them. Not many stove shops are in the USSC line, more of the big box, feed, farm supply, hardware chain kind of stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.