Broke my glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ksks

Oct 16, 2016
SW MO
On my Blaze King -King Ultra.

With shipping the glass and seal is $230. Does that sound right?

Does anyone have a place to buy other than the dealer?

Thanks.

To be fair, it's a method that works well, except for the last time.

Reactions: XmasTreefarmer
Some stove manufacturers (Like Woodstock) put an IR coating on their glass.
Just something to be aware of.

Reactions: JimBear
Now you got me thinking.

I could just order a spare door, gasket in a big sheet of steel instead of glass, and swap it in to be a loghammer any time I need one.... ;lol

Win! Lol!

I second One Day Glass, they are awesome !!!

Measure 2 - 3 times, ask me how I know this ! :mad:

The traditional way is by using it as a loghammer. ;lol

Remember to order gasket with the glass!

Oddly, I was closing the door and noticed it was a little tight against some wood. It closed to the latch. When I pushed the latch down to secured it, the glass cracked. It must have just been at that fraction of an inch to push it over the edge.

So, to some of you, thanks for the help.
To the rest of you clowns, ;hm lol.

Reactions: JimBear and Dix
Oddly, I was closing the door and noticed it was a little tight against some wood. It closed to the latch. When I pushed the latch down to secured it, the glass cracked. It must have just been at that fraction of an inch to push it over the edge.

So, to some of you, thanks for the help.
To the rest of you clowns, ;hm lol.

We have our moments, but we know our stuff!!!

What did you do after bit broke. I’ve loaded up and had luckily the last top log tapping the glass, so I was able to get it out. Wondering if you loaded up, had door open a bit to get it going, then closed door and it broke. Yikes. Then what!! I guess if just cracked maybe it would be okay. I’d be afraid it would run away.

I limped along when mine cracked,

It cracked when I pushed the handle down to fasten the door. So, it was very little movement. When it cracked there is a vertical line about a third of the way over from the left. It's just a crack big enough to slip paper in. I've been running it since. Luckily it's been the warmer months so I have not been running it full bore. I haven't really noticed any problems. I can still choke it down.