1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

BT Early buys are up

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by briansol, Apr 15, 2013.

1. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. thedude110

thedude110 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    Holy crap. I got Vermonts for $235 a ton from them last year -- now at $285 for the spring buy? That's a 20% increase.

Ct Pellet has Barefoots at $279 -- that's where I'm leaning if the price can hold for a bit.
  3. iron stove

iron stove Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    I understand shipping, ETC, but for a " Locall " pellet, would think they would have a price advantage over a pellet travelling 1,000 more miles to get here.
  4. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    Yeah, I think i'm going to skip the spring buy altogether at this point. Not worth my 'storage fee' for the summer. Let someone else sit on 'em.
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    I don't think the mills are offering much of a break this season. All the local dealers early buy price is higher than last seasons. Some brands have no break at all!
  6. iron stove

iron stove Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    Bought some Hammers last week, save $5 over this weeks sales. Might grab some more, since my Brother will be likly burning this winter. Also, we are bound to get a HArsh ( COLD ) winter at some point. We have been above too mnay years in a row. Mother nature always evens things out.
  7. Tony K

Tony K Member

Loc:
    Northeast Ct
    I thought BT's price for the "Super Premium" Hamers was decent, thinking they were around 300 plus last year for the premiums? Can't remember if the super premiums have been available the last few years?
  8. Ejectr

Ejectr Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brimfield, MA
    I'll be damned if I'm going to care or deal with next winter in April. This is getting ridiculous and I won't be part of it. Let them eat pellets.