BTU Calcs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawandorder

Mar 17, 2008
upstate new york
I have approx 44 ft of high trim baseboard through one large room I would like to work on replacing the regular baseboard with low temp baseboard to make more use of the 160 degree water. Anyone know of or have a conversion calculation for figuring out how much btu baseboard i have now and would need to replace with the low temp baseboard and/or radiant panels?

i have 44 ft of High Trim(output) baseboard running designed to run off of my oil boiler which if i understand correctly is designed for 180 degree water. If i use low temp baseboard I would assume that I would need more than 44 ft in order to get the same output temps?? That would be a problem being that I am out of wall space for baseboard.

Check out the SlantFin website. It has lots of info on BTU/ft for various kinds of their baseboards, and you may find something close to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.