Buffalo Wood Stove manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

M daly

Sep 2, 2022
CT
Hi
I bought a house with a beautiful Buffalo wood stove. It is not isntnalled and I need the manual for the permit and to properly install the stove. Does anyone have a manual or know where I can find it or know where I can get it? I have looked through the posts haven’t found anything. I have attached the pictures. Thank you. P.s. it’s just used for storage right now. Please excuse the mess.

E91F05CB-4725-4E95-BF57-4B50F0CF3157.jpeg 950D97F8-F7D7-4DF5-AF32-1C67EAE30151.jpeg

It does not look like you will find much info on these stoves:

"Before approx. 1980 when UL became the standard testing lab, there were no tags or serial numbers. I know these stoves were made just before then. That is also where the model, date and where it was made would be after Listing tags were used. That makes it an unlisted appliance, which means it can't legally be installed in a "new installation" since most states have adopted the ICC family of codes. (International Code Council) The code in particular is the mechanical code which now requires all appliances to be UL Listed. That doesn't mean it is not a safe of tested appliance. There was no testing standard across the US until UL became the standard used countrywide.

Stove manufacturers back then used names, very few model numbers.

Very few had manuals. Fisher being the largest manufacturer didn't even have a manual until customers asked and the PA fabricator printed their own, which became approved and used by all fabricators. So the smaller companies (this one a Fisher licensee) rarely had any. With the standardization of testing, the manual then becomes a part of the Listing, so they became a requirement with the later UL Listed stoves."