Burn Pot Mod?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Knapp

Burning Hunk
Dec 11, 2012
Poughkeepsie, NY
I'm contemplating my next "improvement" to my 25 EP.

I noticed that every time I clean my burn pot, a substantial amount of ash drops through the bottom air holes, blocking airflow to the bottom of the burn pot and not allowing air to push out spent pellets. My idea is to make a small plate that mounts between the burn pot and cradle, mounted on an angle in the hopes that it will direct airflow to the bottom of the burn pot and push spent pellets and ash out and hopefully increase efficiency. Doing this will render the side air holes almost useless, except for the holes near the ignitor. Any thoughts????

Those side air holes are there for a reason, don't block off or restrict the airflow from them.

I have the same problem with my 25 PVDC with ash falling through the burnplate holes, I've been looking at ways to stop this too, but I have yet to come up with a fix for this.

Blocking some wont hurt. I wouldn't block all at once.

Air is needed under the pellets. Not beside them.. Experiment by blocking some (do one row at a time)

Status
Not open for further replies.