1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Burning hardwood pellets....

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by AndrewChurchill, Jan 5, 2014.

1. AndrewChurchill

AndrewChurchill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Vermont
    For the first time in 4 years. My usual supplier was out of pellets 2 weeks ago and said they were getting a shipment this coming week.

I stopped by this weekend to add another pallet to the order and they told me their delivery was delayed by another week. I've still got about a ton in the pellet bin but with another cold snap coming up I don't want to be caught short handed.

The other places around here only have hardwood pellets to I was stuck. I picked up 25 bags of Green Supremes. I'll see how they burn. It will be interesting to see if I get any clinkers.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fmsm

fmsm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South of Boston MA
    Interesting to see if you get any heat, never mind clinkers
    MacP and slvrblkk like this.
  3. Centurion

Centurion Member

Loc:
    Nr Albany, NY
    Andy, I'm surprised that you haven't run down to Rutland and picked up some of Vermont Pellets. They are a great softie. I've never burned Green Supremes but I burn mostly hardwood pellets in my PB105 and have great heat from them. Currently burning Lignetics hardwoods. Haven't seen you on here for a while. Glad to see you back.
  4. AndrewChurchill

Loc:
    Vermont
    As long as the burn pot doesn't get filled with clinkers I'll get plenty of heat.
  5. AndrewChurchill

Loc:
    Vermont
    Rutland is a 4 hour round trip from my place and I don't have a truck or trailer big enough to make it worth the drive. At my other house I have bulk delivery and those are Vermont's.

At my past two houses I have been using Spruce Points for the past 4 years. I've never had a clinker with either the PB105 or the Pellergy unit. Plus the place I buy them from does free delivery whether I want 1 ton or 10 tons delivered.