1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Burning In July?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Todd, Jul 28, 2013.

1. lopiliberty

lopiliberty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mineral County, WV
    Nothing wrong with building a fire in july if your cold but after having a stretch of mid 90s for highs and dew points around 80 I welcome this nice cool weather

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Machria

Machria Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brookhaven, Long Island
    I've been burning 24x7 all summer long!! In fact, right thru the heatwave we had. I just set the AC to as low as it will go, wait for the house to be freezing cold and then light a fire to take the chill out!

==c
    colin.p likes this.
  3. colin.p

colin.p Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Ottawa Canada
    As crazy as that sounds, I can see someone actually doing that.
  4. bag of hammers

bag of hammers Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern ON
    Dropped to mid 40's one night here last week - inside temps @ low 60's. Not too tempted to burn as we like a cool night for sleeping, and next partly sunny day got us back to "room" temps. Our soon to be neighbors ( up from Louisiana visiting their property) were enjoying the "refreshing" temps off the big lake. I can see us back in the groove by early Sept this year....
  5. amateur cutter

amateur cutter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    Yea, a few cool days here too, kinda nice. The long term weather guessers are already talking long term cool pattern & snow in Oct or Nov. They're usually wrong, but been putting up plenty of wood in case we have a long burning season. Got caught short on dry wood this spring, that ain't gonna happen again. A C
    Locust Post likes this.
  6. etiger2007

etiger2007 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Clio Michigan
    After the hot spell we had I enjoy the cool weather, makes for good sleeping.