Buying a used Mt. Vernon and have a question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firenutz

Sep 13, 2008
Northeastern PA
I'm buying a Mount Vernon (not AE) from a coworker. He has a wall thimble which doesn't have provisions for an OAK to be passed through alongside the exhaust. I have a mobile home and from what I've read in the Mt. Vernon AE manual online is that it MUST have an OAK for mobile home installation. I'm planning on going by the code requirements when I install it ie. bolting to the floor and grounding to trailer frame just to cover my butt if I ever sell my home and the buyer has a picky inspector. Also for insurance reasons if the thing burns my house down. Is there a wall thimble available that allows both vent and OAK to pass through? If so, where can I get one? Are there any issues with the Mt. Vernon vs. the newer AE that I need to watch out for? I found out after I committed to the deal that it wasn't the AE model but I've seen it operate in person and it works well.

There are wall thimbles that do provide both venting and Combustion air. Right now the manufacturer(s) escape me, however if you do a search for "OAK" you will most likely find what your looking for. Also hopefully someone will chime in here with more precise info.

mgreenage1 said:
There are wall thimbles that do provide both venting and Combustion air. Right now the manufacturer(s) escape me, however if you do a search for "OAK" you will most likely find what your looking for. Also hopefully someone will chime in here with more precise info.
It looks like Kozy Heat makes one for the woodland pellet stove. It's hard to tell from the pictures on their online manual where the outside air actually comes in from the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.