Buying a Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Miaullis

May 27, 2008
Odenton, MD
Good Afternoon,

I'm new to this forum, and I would like to ask for help on what type of wood stove to buy, installation, etc...

Bruce, my neighbor, told me about this great website and I'd like to get as much advice and help as possible.

Last year, it was more than a mite chilly in the house, but the gas company helped by giving me bills that made me sweat and get hot under the collar. :(

We've got a lot of wood in the yard, and two kids (and two adults) who love burning the wood.

When I grew up in California, we had a Ben Franklin type wood stove that my mother still uses. It was a lot of fun.

We were looking to set up something like that in the new dining room we're adding on (a small addition), and I'd be looking for something I could heat water on as well.

Oh, if you have any advice about building back yard, brick grills for cooking, I'd love to hear about that too.

With respect,

Aaron Miaullis

Status
Not open for further replies.