1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Buying our first stove ... looking at a Kozy heat "Woodland" or Harman "Accentra"?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by lukretia, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukretia

lukretia New Member

Loc:
    N.E. PA
    We are buying our first pellet stove and are considering a Kozy heat "Woodland". I think they used to be called "Olivia", but are now only for wood pellets. I am not sure if it is a good stove, the price is good, 2099$.
    Anybody have any experience with them?
    We were also looking at the Harman Accentra, I know this is a good stove,
    but it is a quite expensive at 3615$.
    Any advice is welcome

Thanks
    Lukretia

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pelletwood

pelletwood Member

Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I do not know much about the Kozy heat “Woodland” stove, but we did buy the Harman Accentra May3rd.
    Does the $3615.00 price for the accentra include tax pipe etc?
    We paid $3000.00 with tax and all the pellet pipe, I am doing the install myself.
  3. lukretia

lukretia New Member

Loc:
    N.E. PA
    The price for the Accentra is only for the stove, not even tax included. I thought that was very high, of course now that there is such a shortage in Harman stoves they can pretty much ask what they want. They had a few of them in stock and they probably will sell them no problem even at that price.
    Installation is 500$ not including pipe and so on.
    By the time I buy pellets and a hearthpad I am going to be close to 5000$.
    How many tons should I get to heat the upstairs of a bi-level (ca. 1000 sq.ft.)?

Lukretia
  4. lukretia

lukretia New Member

Loc:
    N.E. PA
    Okay, we decided on a Harman Accentra, I found that there were Problems with the Kozy Heat when it was still sold as "oliva", who knows if they fixed that. I just feel more comfortable with the Harman Accentra. We ordered today and are supposed to get it the end of October. Thanks to your reply on this forum I found a place where the Accentra was not that expensive and the dealer did not take advantage of this shortage to gouge the customers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.