Cab 50 Wont run unless i take side panel off?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a real stretch, Smokey. How many thousands of these stoves are working with the vacuum switch where it belongs and this one stove with a NEW stock switch needs it outside. Something is afoot here.

Yes, but the switch is telling us something. I fully agree that moving that switch outside took care of the symptom but not the real issue. Bags is on the trail and further information that may apply in this case is buried in a St. Croix Revolution thread IIRC.

If bags is right about a small vacuum being pulled in the part of the stove where the vacuum switch normally resides, then that would explain why it works with the side off.

Reactions: ChandlerR
If bags is right about a small vacuum being pulled in the part of the stove where the vacuum switch normally resides, then that would explain why it works with the side off.

I've got to go and won't be back on the rest of the day, depends upon the actual vacuum switch in use. But looking for the St. Croix thread could help however the OP never did come back with what St. Croix said IIRC. It was the most interesting topic of the season as far as I was concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.