CAB50 control box rotary switch function?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flashbang

Jul 13, 2008
NY
Whats the poop on this setting? Came factory set on two and the manual claims it should be on 4. What does this switch control? TIA
From Manual:

A. Component Function

a. The control box is located on the lower left side of the appliance, behind the lower left side panel and above the junction box.
b. There is a light located inside of the control box. The internal light will turn green when the appliance has reached a temperature of 200
c.There is also an internal blue light located in the control box. When you plug in the appliance the blue light will automatically start blinking. For model PS35 the blue light should flash 6 times every 10 seconds for the first 60 seconds after power up. For models PS50 and CAB50 it should blink 4 times.

Factory Control Board Setting

Model PS 35
#6 (6 Flashes)

Model PS50 / CAB50
#4 (4 Flashes)

Also what should the LuxPSM30a t-stat anticipator setting be for the largest swing?

unplug the unit, remove the computer and switch it to #4. put the computer back in and then plug it in.

Eric

Whats the poop on this setting? Came factory set on two and the manual claims it should be on 4. What does this switch control? TIA
From Manual:

A. Component Function

a. The control box is located on the lower left side of the appliance, behind the lower left side panel and above the junction box.
b. There is a light located inside of the control box. The internal light will turn green when the appliance has reached a temperature of 200
c.There is also an internal blue light located in the control box. When you plug in the appliance the blue light will automatically start blinking. For model PS35 the blue light should flash 6 times every 10 seconds for the first 60 seconds after power up. For models PS50 and CAB50 it should blink 4 times.

Factory Control Board Setting

Model PS 35
#6 (6 Flashes)

Model PS50 / CAB50
#4 (4 Flashes)

Also what should the LuxPSM30a t-stat anticipator setting be for the largest swing?

Page 40 of manual says anticipator should be asjusted to the lowest setting available. As far as the control box, I would check with your dealer before playing with it, might void warrant.

The control box rotary switch can be set without removing the box. On top you can see the rotary switch and it has been adjusted to #4. The question is, why did the factory set it to #2 and what does it control? Maybe it burns better on #2. I say this because I am not impressed with the heat output or fire in the pot. It fluctuates up and down from 0 height to about 8 inches. Brand new install. 2 foot 3inch pipe straight out the back with a jet cap, NEWP Green Supreme, pellet hopper control rod fully open, door seal good.The switch goes from 0-7, quite the mystery that must be solved. As far as the included t-stat, I'm looking to get the most swing and the manual is unclear as to what that would be in degrees and what number on the anticipator dial.

Right what do I know.

Eric

Page 40 of manual says anticipator should be asjusted to the lowest setting available. As far as the control box, I would check with your dealer before playing with it, might void warrant.

vvV He is a Heatilator Dealer Vvv

unplug the unit, remove the computer and switch it to #4. put the computer back in and then plug it in.

Eric

vvV He is a Heatilator Dealer Vvv

I know Erics a dealer. Post was for Flashbang. Erics post wasn't there as I was posting, sorry about that.

Reactions: DexterDay

Eric
Eric. Help me please. Waiting for EcoChoice to answer my call. When I plug in my stove it blinks 4 times. Does this mean it is on a setting of 4? Now my stove is kitty corner in the wall so I'm seeing this looking down. I called EcoChoice earlier and they said the setting for the CAB50 should be a 2 and says this means it is dropping fuel 2 times every 10 seconds for 1 min. Now I've counted 1 drop every 6 seconds. It's possible it is doing a double drop. If this is the case then I'm at the right setting suppsedly. The lady I spoke with said the manual she is looking at was printed in October 2012 and My book was printed December 2011 and I bought the stove in October of 2012 and it was ordered. She said she would email it to me and I still have not received it. I'm very confused. All this is because I'm trying to adjust my flame height. It is peaking 4 inches above what it's supposed to be and my feed is closed as far as I can. Any insight?

If the blue light is blinking 4 times your setting is correct. See your manual, page 44.

If the blue light is blinking 4 times your setting is correct. See your manual, page 44.
I was told by EcoChoice that the cab50 should be on a 2 per their manual that she had. She stated her manual was printed October 2012. Mine is older and says 4. So with that being said how do I get my fire to be within specs? 12 inch peak on high with the feed all the way closed and burning MWP. I've adjusted my air intake opening under the ash drawer to closed within an eighth of an inch if not less. It was open very little to begin with. It fluctuates which is good. Just believe it is peaking too high. Help

I was told by EcoChoice that the cab50 should be on a 2 per their manual that she had. She stated her manual was printed October 2012. Mine is older and says 4. So with that being said how do I get my fire to be within specs? 12 inch peak on high with the feed all the way closed and burning MWP. I've adjusted my air intake opening under the ash drawer to closed within an eighth of an inch if not less. It was open very little to begin with. It fluctuates which is good. Just believe it is peaking too high. Help

Did you receive the new manual yet? I wouldn't think they would ship all these Cab50's with the wrong manual. My flame sometimes jumps up to 12"s but for the most part it's running 4 - 8 running on high with feed gate closed all the way. Was the girl you talked to a tech?

I was having issues with my Cab50 and our dealer called Heatilator (EcoChoice) and they told him the light should blink 4 times. Our dealer just came to us yesterday. That's also stated in the manual I have.

Did you receive the new manual yet? I wouldn't think they would ship all these Cab50's with the wrong manual. My flame sometimes jumps up to 12"s but for the most part it's running 4 - 8 running on high with feed gate closed all the way. Was the girl you talked to a tech?
You know I'm not sure. It was the customer service number and option 4 for all other questions.

Not the best picture but this is at peak. It has gotten a little higher than this. image.jpg

Not the best picture but this is at peak. It has gotten a little higher than this. View attachment 90804

Have you tried running with the damper under the ash drawer all the way open? I thought I read in my manual to leave it open all the way.

Have you tried running with the damper under the ash drawer all the way open? I thought I read in my manual to leave it open all the way.
I've been told less air lower fire. More air it would burn faster with larger flames. I'll check the book again. Do you remember what page by any chance

I've been told less air lower fire. More air it would burn faster with larger flames. I'll check the book again. Do you remember what page by any chance

I don't, but I remember reading not to adjust the damper and it came open all the way.

Not so... Most cases a lower air flow produces a Taller and lazier fire (bad build up and ash build up)

A faster air flow, creates a Lower, faster, more active flame, that will keep the pot cleaner longer (more fly ash ejection)

Not so... Most cases a lower air flow produces a Taller and lazier fire (bad build up and ash build up)

A faster air flow, creates a Lower, faster, more active flame, that will keep the pot cleaner longer (more fly ash ejection)
Will that also make a more efficient fire and more heat?

. My flame sometimes jumps up to 12"s but for the most part it's running 4 - 8 running on high with feed gate closed all the way.

See above.

See above.
I'm so sorry I forgot who I read that from. I'm current away from my computer and I'm doing this from my phone. Thank you thank you thank you to you all is not enough thanks for the invaluable information. It is priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.