Can’t Adjust Flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jack819

Feb 21, 2022
Lansing, MI
I recently installed a Kingsman IDV44 with the IPI and the pro flame remote. It requires changing out the manual flame adjustment for a electronic stepper valve so the flame can be adjusted remotely. It starts and runs fine, however the flame cannot be adjusted down. The flame is extremely tall (almost touching the top of the firebox). I have tried resetting everything, reinstalling the stepper valve, testing the stepper valve (it read the correct 25.4 ohms) with no luck. I can hear the valve make noise when I turn it down with the remote but nothing happens. It is almost as if there is just too much gas going through it. Do I need to install some sort of regulator on the gas line?

I have not. I need to get a manometer from work. If it is measuring too high, how do I adjust it down? There does not appear to be any adjustments on the manifold.