Can’t find anything about this one.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shields12

Oct 11, 2018
Victor NY
Bought this house 2 years ago. I am trying to determine if this is good or bad. I can’t find anything about the unit. Anyone have an idea?

Attachments

• 7E9164EE-1A26-4B4A-AEA3-A8EE63A0972B.jpeg
    7E9164EE-1A26-4B4A-AEA3-A8EE63A0972B.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 1E2C67A8-E47C-4BB7-B73B-5710B979647D.jpeg
    1E2C67A8-E47C-4BB7-B73B-5710B979647D.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 81
It's an old dogger. What is the first part of the manufacturer's name? It's obscured by the rear shield.

pretty sure it just says by Energy Alternatives Inc. Cant find anything about these guys. I have no idea how to control the air intake. It has a blower on the back, but I dont know if the low - med- high lever on the front is for the blower or air intake. I see nothing inside that shows its adjusting air intake. Its really frustrating. Id love not to get rid of it - if it works well enough. I feel like it gets really hot and burns a lot of fuel.

I see a Y before Energy Alternatives. That might have been a name for the company at that time. I was guessing Easy Energy Alternatives?

Due to the spacing and taking another look - it appears it just says "BY ENERGY ALTERNATIVES INC" Which I cant find anything about.
I found ENERGY ALTERNATIVES INC in an older EPA registry, but when I looked at my oldest approved stove list from 2011, the company was not listed.

The company may have dissolved. Is there a baffle in the stove? Secondary tubes?