Can anyone identify the model of this Stihl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hankjrfan

Hearth Supporter
Nov 22, 2008
Southeast MO
Older Stihl saw, runs great so this is really about trying to find stickers for it, cleaning it up and just keeping it. Got it from a friend who just plain got old and had to go to assisted living. Unfortunately he's got old timers and can't give any info. The one in the back is a 210c and seems to work except the plastic where the gas cap screws into is trashed so badly the cap won't even stay on.
stihl1_zpsc156b785.jpg
stihl2_zpsfdbcd24d.jpg

It kind of looks like an 010. look for numbers like 1120 XXX XXXX or similar that will narrow the search. Clutch cover, air cleaner cover......

Alright, I'll go have a look.. haven't looked underneath anything at all yet.

stihl3_zpsc291c856.jpg

Looks like it's mid 80's. 1985! Now I feel bad calling it an "old" saw. Everything on the outside is flathead screws. Under the air filter was this tag with these numbers:
stihl4_zps798f3afd.jpg

Definitely looks like the 010 you mentioned, looking at pictures now. Most the ones I see are orange (no white) but everything else looks the same. Good call thanks.

Look at the part itself. 2nd pic is the ser # and worthless as far as identifying the saw (Unless you have access to mother stihls data base) look on the bottom of the air filter cover. Pull the clutch cover an look there. I am almost positive that's an 010.

Sure was there. 11201410510

Thanks again for the help. She'll make a nice addition to the stack when cleaned and badged back up.

I just re-read the first part of this and noticed this "The one in the back is a 210c and seems to work except the plastic where the gas cap screws into is trashed so badly the cap won't even stay on." The cap is a flippy cap and does not screw on. Take it to your dealer and have them show you how they work. They only twist maybe 90° then the handle flips down to lock it. The two pieces in the cap itself have to be lined up correctly or it will not work. A lot of people hate them with a passion, I have them on my MS440 and do not mind them. They did have a recall on some of them so check and see if yours is one of them.

I don't mind the flip cap so much and I'm familiar with them. I'm on my second Farm Boss after dropping a very, very large oak on the first. The silver lining is I have a good parts saw and side by side comparison shows the gas cap receptacle being severely chipped right at the point where the line up would happen and hold the cap in. I'll have to look the dead Farm Boss over to see if that section was compromised and what all needs to come off to replace, but it look the same size. I can already see the gas and oil caps are untouched. But looks like it will fit the 210.

Possible design suggestion for Stihl would be to put that line up point on the other side of the hole where it's meatier. On this 210 at least, it's right where just a thin piece of it hangs out there alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.