Looking for make and model of stove please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Desertmountains

Dec 15, 2022
Usa
Hi, I recently picked up a used wood stove. It’s a CFM corporation stove, made in Canada. Having trouble finding much info on these stoves. This one says it was made in 2005. It looks similar to one I saw in another thread, where it was said to be “an old century stove” mine looks similar but newer. There are several numbers on the back but searching them as model numbers hasn’t got me anywhere. So here’s a pic of the stove. If I need to post pics of all the info on the back I can do that too. I’m just trying to get a general idea of what size the stove is for, and what they originally cost. I paid 150$ for it. Thanks! D59A25AD-A1BB-40AD-903C-2DE625DAB024.jpeg

Reactions: Desertmountains
I did an image search and found one listed but the model number does not make much sense. (Model S27XE Century Heating)
One manual listed that I found has a model number S274E/EP (pdf)
Thank you! That does look exactly like the one I got. The only difference I see is it has an extra strip of gold above the door. That manual helps too, I’ve got a general idea of what I’m working with now. I appreciate the help!

I bought a CFM 240007 at Lowe’s around the same time on clearance. It cost me $242 out the door.

It was an excellent stove!

Reactions: Desertmountains
I noticed one corner of the gasket had some ash buildup that smashed the gasket a little and made a small opening in one corner. I cleaned the ash and was able to fluff it up some, still a tiny gap there though. Also there is a spot where I think about an inch of gasket is maybe frayed, damaged, or missing. It’s shown in the middle picture, it looks like it’s where the two ends of the gasket should meet, but they don’t meet flush, there a little bit of an opening there. I included pics, would a small gap like that create an unsafe or undesirable condition when using the stove? Thanks

AB76778E-E374-49C5-A5C4-066773442692.jpeg 78666B36-4A6F-44C2-914F-6929232E7796.jpeg 1CD2F207-502E-4320-AB5A-235FD95A17E2.jpeg

You could buy OEM gasket material, or the hardware store stuff may work fine. I never had to change mine.

You could buy OEM gasket material, or the hardware store stuff may work fine. I never had to change mine.
Okay, thanks for the tips! Good to know there are options and it’s not just a direct part from the original manufacturer. I’m planning to set the stove up this summer and hopefully use it next winter. It’s already feeling like spring here.