Can Micore 300 be transported on roof racks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corie

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
Camp Hill, PA
Is the stuff stiff enough to be tied down to a roof rack and taken (briefly) on the highway. I've never had it in my hands, so I don't really know what it's like.

No Sandwich it between some plywood and rope it firmly off

The stuff is similar to a drop ceiling panel (uncoated), a little more dense. I think there's a risk it will shear, I'd sandwhich it.

What Elk and Rhone said

You picking up the cement board at the same place?
I didnt even know they made it (cement board) in full sheets until I picked up my micore.

Actually yeah, I'm picking up the cement board there too. Do ya think cement board then micore, then 2x4's would be suffient? Otherwise I'm going to have to buy a sheet of plywood specifically for this purpose........

Corie said:
Actually yeah, I'm picking up the cement board there too. Do ya think cement board then micore, then 2x4's would be suffient? Otherwise I'm going to have to buy a sheet of plywood specifically for this purpose........
Yeppers, I was going to suggest a couple of 2x4's . That'll work.

corie....it looks like you put 1 too many sheets on your car.:)

Attachments

• Overloaded_Car_Jetta.jpg
    Overloaded_Car_Jetta.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 264
OK, Corie.... you've had enough time to go out and back..... how did it work out? Hopefully you got it back safely. I don't want to be looking at the news tonight and seeing a major trafic pileup in PA because someone blew a bunch of micore on the highway...

Ok so I didn't go and pick it up today because I didn't have 2x4's on hand and home depot is in the wrong direction from the Micore supplier.

I'm going on tuesday, in the middle of the day, this way if I lose a sheet of micore in the middle of the skuykill expressway it'll be less likely to cause a catastrophic chain reaction accident. If only I owned a truck..............

Corie said:
Ok so I didn't go and pick it up today because I didn't have 2x4's on hand and home depot is in the wrong direction from the Micore supplier.

I'm going on tuesday, in the middle of the day, this way if I lose a sheet of micore in the middle of the skuykill expressway it'll be less likely to cause a catastrophic chain reaction accident. If only I owned a truck..............

Typo. That is the SureKill Expressway.

True. I drive it every morning for one exit, and that's more than enough for me. One road that terrified me more than that road used to was the beltway on Long Island. ugh, its like a suicide run.

Status
Not open for further replies.