Can someone tell me what brand of logsplitter this is

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atcomo

Jan 17, 2009
Shirley,LI
purchased this logsplitter about 8 years ago. It run fine but
would like to know who built it, just incase I need to get parts.

Attachments

• IMG_1888a.jpg
    IMG_1888a.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 605
Looks like a Harbor freight model, from a few years back. Everything on it can be replaced out of the northern tool catalog or some place similar. Somewhere 12 to 20 ton hard to judge from picture. Briggs engine so no problem there.

Other than the beam and wedge the rest of the parts are stock off the shelf parts. This is typical of all splitters. Pumps are either Haldex/Barnes or MTE. Control valves are Prince LS 3000, Energy , or Brave. Engines are Briggs, Honda, Robin/Subaru, or clones. Cylinders are stock off the shelf units except some MDT models that use the front trunnion mount.

Buying replacement parts from a splitter company will often cost double the normal price.

maxny said:
It looks the same as my Brave splitter

I think but could very well be wrong but that Brave may have built the Woodland Pro-Split. On one of the reviews on the Bailey's wedsite said that the person did a lot of research and that Brave splitters are very good splitters

triptester said:
Other than the beam and wedge the rest of the parts are stock off the shelf parts. This is typical of all splitters. Pumps are either Haldex/Barnes or MTE. Control valves are Prince LS 3000, Energy , or Brave. Engines are Briggs, Honda, Robin/Subaru, or clones. Cylinders are stock off the shelf units except some MDT models that use the front trunnion mount.

Buying replacement parts from a splitter company will often cost double the normal price.

Exactly... No need to know what make it is, as there is nothing that you can't get fixed via either your local welding shop, hydraulic shop, or online hydraulic parts place... There are few peices of equipment that are more "generic" and parts interchangeable than a splitter.

To figure the tonnage, estimate the size of the piston - 4" ~ 20 ton, 4.5" ~ 25 ton, 5" ~ 30 ton. Piston diameter will be 1/2 to 1" smaller than the OD of the cylinder.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.