Cannot slow feed rate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windys420

Nov 12, 2015
Virginia
Hi I've read lots of threads on here about our stove....it's a King model 5502M. Unlike others I have NO complaints about the heat or noise (I managed to quite it with lowering the draft fan rate) but no matter what I do I cannot lower the feed rate. Let me rephrase that. I've lowered it from 4.50 (what it started at out of the box) to .50 manually....burning on heat level 2. Burning Turman hardwood pellets. No matter what I only get just over 12 hours burn time from a bag....this just does not seem right...any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

That's well over 3 pounds an hour. You have got problems. I would put up with a bit of noise over getting screwed on fuel use

Status
Not open for further replies.