Cape Cod Blizzard '09

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only got about 4" of light fluff here in Southern NH, Points south you were due for one of these "what us Northern folks call the norm this time of year" and I am sure we will get our fare share,
Wonder how that guy with the pot of 1 Alarm chile made out, I am sure he was fine but wonder about his wife (if married) who was snow'd in with him when the 1 alarm went off if you know what I mean!

1-2 inches light stuff here in central NH. My old stomping grounds in the Boston area got hit alot harder than here. Nice for me, YEY !!!!!!

Hey, we got it a week and a half ago, let someone else can have this round. Like mom always taught us, share and share alike, right? :cheese:

Great shots Xena !!

Good luck down there

Geno

It didn't even put a dusting coat on anything here, snowed all of a few minutes. The dry air kept most of what there was from reaching the ground.

Not sure what the "official total" of measured snow was. Hard to tell around my place due to the drifts. I would guess somewhere around 15"

The worst part was my plow guy couldn't get in to open the neighborhood streets (private roads) until last night. I ended up playing taxi driver in my PU truck for the neighbors.

Pelletizer, the chili came out just OK. Nice and meaty with minimal beans. Good flavor and texture. A hint of smoke from the Wright's Liquid Smoke I added. But I didn't have any habeneros to add in and the 1 alarm was more like a probie training burn. It warmed you up but no need for bread or biscuts to put the fire out. Still, it was good for a snowy day.

As for the after effects....er.... my 5yr old was the worst. He thought it was a rootin' tootin' good time. The 17 yr old just snuck off into her room "to be alone" :)

All in all not a bad storm. We never lost power due to the fact that I dragged out my generator and had it warmed up and ready to go if we did. :)

Hope everyone else made out as well.

---Nailer---

Live in the same general area as xena and nailed and got 15-18" too.
Kiddos were happy to get another day off to go sledding yesterday.

No pics to post. My camera got run over (not kidding) so hoping santa
will bring me a new one for xmas.

Got 15 inches at least in YPort. Did manage to get a little Xc Skiing in and Snowshoeing. Rare on the Cape. Might as well enjoy it...Other than that, shoveled nonstop it seemed....Nice white Christmas for all the Cape Cod kids who normally don't get it. Many were going out after school to sled! Never lost power in all the wind. That was a blessing...and the pellet stove kept us all warm! Cheers! Marina

Status
Not open for further replies.