Castile pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dansquad

Jun 8, 2023
2006 castile pellet stove on startup will ignite pellets then stop dropping after startup. If i turn thermostat off and on 3 times it will start dropping pellets and work fine. Any ideas?

Tell me if I have this right
You have to restart your stove 3 times before it will stay going
3 times it ignites the pellets before it keeps going
Correct?
Welcome to the form

when i first start the stove it will drop pellets ignite and then go out without dropping any pellets. If i turn the thermostat off and on again it will drop pellets and go out. Every third time i turn the thermostat on and off to restart it, it will start up and start dropping pellets and continue to drop pellets and start working fine! Any ideas? 2006 quadrafire castile. I know it sounds strange because it is!

Hello Johneh, I found the problem with pellets no feeding in my 2006 quadrafire castile pellet stove. About a month ago i replaced the combustion fan in my pellet stove and some how jarred loose one side of the connection on the thermocouple i reinserted the lead wire on one side and walla, the stove is working again. I cannot believe that was all it was! so if you know anyone having problems with the pellets feeding have them check the wire plug-ins on the thermocouple.