cat and non-cat questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We hope you have enjoyed today's h.c. version of "The View".

I missed a day and it seems like I missed a million - or nothing at all. The above link got me hot though. Here's a quick summary about 6 stoves I have researched to buy:

Ideal Steel 12-57,000 BTU
BK King 9-39,800 BTU
Isle Royale 10-46,800 BTU
Equinox 12-37,900 BTU
PE Summit 10-37,500 BTU
Progress Hybrid 12-73,000 BTU

EPA is saying that the Progress Hybrid has twice the heat output of the Hearthstone Equinox or the BK King ??????? How many King owners think the IS beats them on max. heat output? Either I am confused, there are a lot of typos or the EPA was smoking a lot more than wood when they did these tests. If these numbers are completely NUTS, then that makes the whole report complete BS. ;ex

EPA is saying that the Progress Hybrid has twice the heat output of the Hearthstone Equinox or the BK King ???????
Here comes another three pages on how the EPA does their testing.

Reactions: Tenn Dave
Here comes another three pages on how the EPA does their testing.
It does not matter how they test. IS is a 3.2 cu ft firebox and a BK King is 4.32. Yet, they are testing the IS at almost twice the BTU output????? Are these numbers coming out of Russia???

Can I get some Hog? I'm stuck at work today, its an icy snowstorm here, I'm praying we don't get outages so we can stay inside, I think I might be ready for spring soon.

I'd gladly share with yous guys. But I ate the first already. I do have filling for maybe a second.
I am going to try turkey also.
Had some freezing rain & sleet earlier, calling for snow later.
Ate least some snow melted yesterday, not much, but some.
Stay warm everyone.

Reactions: Tenn Dave
I had to shovel the roof yesterday, had about 15" of snow on it and it was forecasted rain last night (didnt happen) now looking at the long term forecast more chances for snow... Crazy winter, heard central jersey and south have had no real snow yet, just a crazy pattern

I missed a day and it seems like I missed a million - or nothing at all. The above link got me hot though. Here's a quick summary about 6 stoves I have researched to buy:

Ideal Steel 12-57,000 BTU
BK King 9-39,800 BTU
Isle Royale 10-46,800 BTU
Equinox 12-37,900 BTU
PE Summit 10-37,500 BTU
Progress Hybrid 12-73,000 BTU

EPA is saying that the Progress Hybrid has twice the heat output of the Hearthstone Equinox or the BK King ??????? How many King owners think the IS beats them on max. heat output? Either I am confused, there are a lot of typos or the EPA was smoking a lot more than wood when they did these tests. If these numbers are completely NUTS, then that makes the whole report complete BS. ;ex
Facts are facts my friend. You can wring your hands and deny them all you want, but they are still facts. Readem and weep.

I had to shovel the roof yesterday, had about 15" of snow on it and it was forecasted rain last night (didnt happen) now looking at the long term forecast more chances for snow... Crazy winter, heard central jersey and south have had no real snow yet, just a crazy pattern
Stop hogging and send some of that cold weather down south to Dixie..........pleaseeeeee

It does not matter how they test. IS is a 3.2 cu ft firebox and a BK King is 4.32. Yet, they are testing the IS at almost twice the BTU output????? Are these numbers coming out of Russia???
This looks like a government plot against BK. I guess WS must have the Feds in their back pocket. Bring out the militia !

It has been said many times to ignore those btu, SF heated, or efficiency numbers and just choose based on firebox size. The wonkiness of those quoted btu output numbers is why. We know that it can't be true.

Facts are facts my friend. You can wring your hands and deny them all you want, but they are still facts. Readem and weep.
Except when the facts are completely inaccurate. IF I am reading the numbers correctly, the facts are wrong, probably due to poor test procedures. I doubt any of the mfgs will publicly contest the numbers as that would amount to calling the umpire a liar - you know what happens when you do that.
I'd love to hear from some experts. Perhaps I need to start a new thread.

Except when the facts are completely inaccurate. IF I am reading the numbers correctly, the facts are wrong, probably due to poor test procedures. I doubt any of the mfgs will publicly contest the numbers as that would amount to calling the umpire a liar - you know what happens when you do that.
I'd love to hear from some experts. Perhaps I need to start a new thread.
Sorry Doug but when facts don't support your personal beliefs, they are a bitter pill to swallow. If these numbers were really off the mark, you can bet your sweet bippy that the manufacturers would be raising hell and demanding they be restated..

It has been said many times to ignore those btu, SF heated, or efficiency numbers and just choose based on firebox size. The wonkiness of those quoted btu output numbers is why. We know that it can't be true.
how about Bigfoot ?

And on that note I think this thread has played itself out.

Reactions: Ashful
Status
Not open for further replies.