Cawley LeMay Crack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkatzman

Hearth Supporter
Nov 7, 2007
Upstate NY
Greetings,
A buddy gave me his Cawley LeMay circa 1970s wood stove that had been working great.

I took it home to find a 8 inch crack in the rear (lol) of the firebox (lol2) as you can see in the attached photos.

Is there any hope that I can still use the stove and if so what are my options to be able to use it safely and effectively?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Bryce

Attachments

• stove.JPG
    stove.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 244
  • crack.JPG
    crack.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 253
should retire that collectors stove. However you could have two plates made, thru bolt them, one inside one on the back, butter up the crack with stove cement and make an oreo cookie.
Cawley's were a good stove, I had to be interviewed by the owner before I was allowed to sell the stoves, $$ did'nt matter to him, it was all about where your heart was in relation to the stove industry

Status
Not open for further replies.