Cemi Concept II Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnbehm

Sep 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I just bought a Cemi Concept II and this forum has been very helpful in reading on how the stove works. My problem is that most people wont install it due to the age even though it has a second stage burning. I also just had my chimney repaired with new tiles and i dont want to have to pay to line it as well as there is not a way to attach it to the liner. Can i install this without a chimney liner? How dangerous is this? Also do i have to do anything but slide it into place and then put insulation on the trim? I appreciate all the help. 1 other thing does anyone know where i can get the mica at a reasonable price since the glass is not recommended?

I had one in my parents home and later took it to my first home for a few years. They work great but that being said the newer ones are worth the money. Its a huge pain to pull it out year after year to clean not to mention the mess. It also is not nearly as efficient. I do not know if insurance would even cover a house with those in it anymore. I have heard of people making a conection and bolting it to the stove. The same stove was sold with a box that went around it for a free standing stove and it had an adapter for the top. Hope that helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.