1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Central mainers, want to swap some pellets?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by MACHINE1, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MACHINE1

MACHINE1 New Member

Loc:
    CENTRAL MAINE
    This is my first year burning and with they way things were going this summer I put all my eggs in one basket. Therefore I have 5 (well 4 now) tons of Energex pellets in my basement and am interested in trying out some other brands in preperation for next year. Anyone interested in an exchange?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rayttt

rayttt Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    poconos pa
    I would just try getting a bag or 2 of other brands that you want to try..and not give up the good ones you already have
  3. Utilitrack

Utilitrack Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central ME
    I would be game but unfotunately I have Energex as well.
  4. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    I'd swap a ton of my Pennington Nature's Heat premium Hardwood, for a ton of Energex, if you want to bring 'em over, put 'em in my cellar, as long as yours are dry and not all beat up. Let me know.
  5. Burn1

Burn1 New Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    Where are you located?

I am in Corinth and have some Corinth pellets that I'd swap to try some of what you have.

How many bags were you thinking you'd like to swap?
  6. MACHINE1

MACHINE1 New Member

Loc:
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I guess I should have beena little clearer. I'm not looking to trade them all I would just like to try other brands. I have been happy with my Energex but have nothing to compare them to. I'd really be interested in trying about 6 bags. Hossthehermit thanks for the offer but I'm not real keen on lugging a few more ton in and out of my basement. Burn1 PM sent.
  7. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    Hey, no problem. I've been happy enough w/ the Penningtons, I guess, seem to throw pretty good heat, some bags have a LOT of fines, or, as I call it, "FREAKIN" SAWDUST", or other things if I'm having a bad day. If ya want, I could prob'ly drag a half dozen bags out to swap, if you're in the area tho'. You understand the whole draggin' it out of the cellar after ya got it all down there.
  8. Glenn Angell

Glenn Angell New Member

Loc:
    Scarborough, ME
    I've got 3 tons of Athens pellets I'd be willing to part with. Kidding aside if you want to swap some bags of Energex for some Athens I would do that. I live in Scarborough.
  9. schmeg

schmeg Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    I've got some Northeast pellets from ashland ME that I'm burning this winter. I live in Glenburn, just west of Bangor. I'm happy with them. I would like to try some Energex. Give me a call at 207-990-7341 and I'll swap a few bags. Jay.
  10. Deed

Deed Member

Loc:
    Central Me
    I live in Waterville, have the Athen pellets or Corrina let me know where you live. To see if this is do able.
  11. scott_cuddy

scott_cuddy New Member

Loc:
    Hermon, Maine
    Last year was my first burning pellets, and I bought 5 bags of each brand I could find. That included Energex (which I loved), Corinth (which were good), and Ashland (which I wouldn't buy again). Your best bet is to buy a few bags of whatever you can find. I think you'll find that you started with some of the best.

Oh yeah, I would DEFINITELY try some Premium Blazer from Oregon. They're not local to us, but it would give you the gold standard to test others against. I had five bags and loved them. If they didn't need to be shipped so far I wouldn't use anything else. I got them at the Bangor Home Depot.

Good luck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.