Ceramic baffle broke?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalbie

Jan 27, 2007
I just put my ash shovel through the ceramic baffle section closest to the front door of my Heritage. I have no idea how to replace this thing other than to call a repair person.

1. Any guesstimates as to repair person to fix, and how long to do the job if parts are not an issue?

2. Is the entire top one piece or sections?

3. Can I burn my stonve without the ceramic piece in the interim without ruining my stove?

Any suggestions and info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

the baffle just lays in, call your dealer and get a replacement. Its glued in now, but that is only for shipping, the new one doesnt need to be cemented in. Its all one piece. the stainsless steel bracket up front is what holds it in. You need to remove it to install the baffle. Pay close attention of the position of that stainles bracket, it needs to go back in the correct way. You can burn the stove in the mean time, it just wont be quite as efficient.

Just as a curiosity question, since I don't own one of these stoves, is there any way to "patch" the baffle, or possibly combine two of them if one is accident prone enough to do in a second one? The cheapskate in me was wondering....

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.