Chain Grinder - Good deal??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlankBlankBlank

Minister of Fire
Oct 12, 2011
PA
I own the TimberTuff chainsaw chain sharpener that I picked up at Blain's Farm & Fleet. Works great. Others have compared it to the Northern Industrial Bench- or Wall-Mount Chain Grinder. I must say it looks identical. I paid $109.99 for the TimberTuff, saving $30. The Northern Industrial model, right now, is on sale for $89.99. I just wanted to pass this on to anyone in the forums who might be looking for a new chain grinder.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200327449_200327449

That's a great deal. I bought the same grinder last spring for $129 plus shipping. I have three chains and have sharpened each of them several times. I've saved at least $40 since then, so I'm glad that I didn't wait.

aroth said:
That's a great deal. I bought the same grinder last spring for $129 plus shipping. I have three chains and have sharpened each of them several times. I've saved at least $40 since then, so I'm glad that I didn't wait.

A great deal indeed, aroth. I sure hope anyone that needs one takes a closer look at it. Tiss the season to save a bunch of cash during commercial Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.