1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Chain sharpening

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Oww My Back Hurts, Jun 23, 2013.

1. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    LOL love the truck! 15 min on the saw is at least an hour work for a couple guys. I AM with big red I be right back though with a new chain out of the shop......Took many years to be able to say that. LEARN form a guy on racesaw.com

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    LOL love the truck! 15 min on the saw is at least an hour work for a couple guys. I AM with big red I be right back though with a new chain out of the shop......Took many years to be able to say that. LEARN form a guy on racesaw.com
  3. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Even at 6.56 MPG, it's still cheaper to move wood with the beast than my Canyon. Easier on the truck too. The Canyon needs rear springs. ;lol
  4. charly

charly Guest

Nice window sticker ;)
    MasterMech likes this.
  5. mywaynow

mywaynow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast
    One thing not mentioned yet (unless I missed it) is when you sharpen by hand with a file, wear leather gloves! Especially as the day gets long. Blood looks cool on the bar, but in reality those cuts hurt. Done it many times. Most of the sharpening I do now is with a dremel and stone. I find it more accurate, quicker and easier.
    charly likes this.