Chainsaw Chain

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Down in Rome.

http://www.gksales.net/

If you ever get to Boonville, velvetfoot, check out CJ Logging Supplies in the industrial park just south of town. More good prices there.

Better yet, get down to Boonville for the NYS Woodsmen's Field Days in August, and you can get all the discounted chain saw accessories you want--plus a few things you probably didn't know you needed until you saw them.

Thanks for the tips Eric. I was a bit quick on the keyboard, but I didn't want to mess around too much.
Oregon did not have my saw on its site (Poulan 400E (electric)).
The chain does look different than my gas Stihl.
I plunked in the chain number from my manual into Froogle and up popped BuilderDepot.com .
I wound up ordering two 18" chains for $38.14.

Sure looks like a lot of interesting stuff on those sites. I got a what the hardware store called a cant hook today as well-short handle, moveable jaw, $50!
When/if I get into cutting and transport the dead stuff on my place, I'm sure I'll be looking into acquiring some more hardware. :)

Hi Velvet,

I will be visiting both places this weekend, to get my new 346xp. Jeff at Kahler's is great. CJ is good too, but I don't know them too well yet. Woodman's field days are the cats meow when it comes to good prices. Bring lots of cash!!!!!

If there is anything you need, let me know.

Carpniels

Status
Not open for further replies.