chainsaw questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags said:
smokinjay said:
4 cords I would roll with the 250.

This coming from a dude that is swinging a 460 for knocking down trees?? :lol:

:lol: Right on."What you mean using a 288XP w/28" bar for 16"-20" Red Oak snag?" "Isnt that's what's normally used? :coolgrin: "

Jags said:
smokinjay said:

Yep Yep! 4 cords would be a Treat! Now helping with 2 furnace guys and 3 stove guys, But i am not stacking anymore! ( I need 10 cords just for myself)

Thistle said:
Jags said:
smokinjay said:

:lol: Right on."What you mean using a 288XP w/28" bar for 16"-20" Red Oak snag?" "Isnt that's what's normally used? :coolgrin: "

I would take the long bar for this one! Solar2wood's 60 incher please! :cheese:

wdenton said:
I have a homelite chanisaw that has a fuel leak and wont stay tuned corredctly so I am thinking of getting a new saw.

There is husky 350 that looks new on craigslist around me for 225.00

There is also a local shop that has a well used stihl 290 for 250.oo

Are these decent prices.

I can get a remanufactured husky 455 for 299.00 so is it worth getting a used one for a little less

Go with the one that has a dealer close to you.

I have a 290 and it does very well for the wood we are cutting. I could have got a longer bar but 16" does us well and the saw is trouble free.

Status
Not open for further replies.