Changed my signature AGAIN

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
After my measuring mistake on the Englander 30NC I purchased, I bit the bullet and purchased a Regency I3100. I bought the Englander in July of this year for 649 thru the Home Depot Bristol, VA store for $649. I sold it in less then 24 hours on Craigslist for $600. I'm still pissed at myself for not measuring correctly for the Englander. I really didn't want to pay the high price for the Regency, because it is expensive, but I decided to do it. It arrived today and was installed today also. The quality of the stove was extrordinary. I couldn't get over the weight of the baffles and the quality of the welds on the stove. No corners were cut in manufacturing this stove. It fit in my fireplace like a glove and has been burning since about 10am this morning. Burnt off most of the paint fumes and finally just closed my windows in the house for the night. I was so sad to see the Englander go, but i'm excited to burn the new Regency and see what it can do. Thanks to everyone for their advise and help. I'm just happy to be back up and burning once again.

Changed my signature AGAIN

Reactions: PapaDave and ScotO
I put about 16 -20 cords of wood thru a Regency I3100L over 4 NY Winters, & this house has not been that warm since I took it out. It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed every minute of it. If I didn't build an A-Frame 37 feet high with a 24/12 pitch roof, I'd still have it, but 22 feet of Class A chimney with 4 roof brace kits wasn't in the budget...Not to mention the fact that it would've looked like an unexploded Scud Missile...

I put about 16 -20 cords of wood thru a Regency I3100L over 4 NY Winters, & this house has not been that warm since I took it out. It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed every minute of it. If I didn't build an A-Frame 37 feet high with a 24/12 pitch roof, I'd still have it, but 22 feet of Class A chimney with 4 roof brace kits wasn't in the budget...Not to mention the fact that it would've looked like an unexploded Scud Missile...

;lol.....What BB said ;)

Not too shabby, only losing $49 on the deal. Best you could have hoped for, really. Congrats on the Regency, what a great piece that will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.