Changing Breckwell GLass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyQ

Hearth Supporter
Oct 7, 2007
Hello to all the experts! I have a Breckwell PF2000FS Pellet stove. My pellet stove is 3 years old. The glass always soots up quickly. So we decided to take the glass off...clean it and change the glass gasket. After this was done we fired her up...and the side glass cracked. We ordered new glass from Breckwell. Changed the glass gasket...but the glass wont fit. It's the correct size...but the alignment is'nt right. How bout you Mr. Pyro...can you help??? :)

Ilikeithot said:
Hello to all the experts! I have a Breckwell PF2000FS Pellet stove. My pellet stove is 3 years old. The glass always soots up quickly. So we decided to take the glass off...clean it and change the glass gasket. After this was done we fired her up...and the side glass cracked. We ordered new glass from Breckwell. Changed the glass gasket...but the glass wont fit. It's the correct size...but the alignment is'nt right. How bout you Mr. Pyro...can you help??? :)
Give it some time some one will come to the rescue. :cheese:

GVA said:
Sorry were busy arguing over who Mr. Pyro is.... :)
gva ,Thats a good one. :lol:

Allright all kidding aside.....For now....

Shane or Hearthtools could help you more than me..... I thought they'd be here by now... Give 'em some time they are busy guy's...

You guys are a "Hot Mess"!! I asked for "Mr. Pyro" because it seems he knows everything....including where Jimmy Hoffa is buried!!! Come on guys...I'm a "newbee" in need of some sound advice. I'm trying my best to go as "green" as I can...come help...please?? I do appreciate the humor thou!!!

I'm a little confused can you post a picture? The "alignment" should be there if it's the correct size, unless the glass isn't square or something.

The problem is this. There are 3 pieces of glass that form together by two metel corners inbetween each glass. The glass presses against the glass gasket to create a seal. I replaced the gasket with one of the correct size and width from Lowes .When I tried to reinstall the glasses they would not align with the screw/bolts that are on the door. Ive already broken 2 pieces of glass trying to reinstall them. What am i doing wrong!?!

ok...this system wont let me post items larger than 350kb...can you pm me your email addy?

Ilikeithot said:
ok...this system wont let me post items larger than 350kb...can you pm me your email addy?
Resize to 640x480.

The new gasket you used could be a little thick
Or
The Brackets for the corners or the hold down bracket could be backwards
I dont have a stove here to look at Im going by memory

OK guys here are the pic's.

Attachments

• summer07067 (Small).jpg
    summer07067 (Small).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 243
  • summer07066 (Small).jpg
    summer07066 (Small).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 236
Cant see where you say it will not fit
In the corner?
did you remove the old gasket and cement before you but new gasket in?
Best to call Breckwell.

Sorry Ilikeithot i thought someone could have helped you.I think you better
have that glass replaced by dealer. :down:

budman said:
Sorry Ilikeithot i thought someone could have helped you.I think you better
have that glass replaced by dealer. :down:
Hard to tell without having the door in front of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.