Changing cat in bk princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Well it looks I'll be gettin the cat I ordered for the princess tomorrow. In the manual says I need a 2 x30 gasket? does. It come with the combustor? Or do I need ti buy this from somewhere.

ecocavalier02 said:
Well it looks I'll be gettin the cat I ordered for the princess tomorrow. In the manual says I need a 2 x30 gasket? does. It come with the combustor? Or do I need ti buy this from somewhere.

If this were a VC, nothing is included. I'm interested in knowing if BK does it differently.

cmonSTART said:
If you ordered from BK it does come with the gasket. It's ready to install.
i ordered from woodstovecombustor.com

would a local stove shop have this in stock maybe?

When you support your local stove shop and buy your combuster there, I am sure they will have it. If not then why should they carry it?

north of 60 said:
When you support your local stove shop and buy your combuster there, I am sure they will have it. If not then why should they carry it?
well i just found out today that they finally have a bk shop that is less than hour driving distance otherwise i would have bought it there. instead i got it online where it comes to my door. but wasnt sure if additional gasket material is needed.

north of 60 said:

Not necessarily true. We have 2 local dealers who carry BK stoves and neither of them stocks any type of gasket. Not only that, but when I asked about why then don't carry something as common as gaskets, one of them had the nerve to tell me I should have thought about ordering during the summer and not leaving it until the last minute. I told him I just bought the stove and will go ahead and order online instead.

That "buy local" idea is fine for some things but is quickly becoming an old fashioned idea. Not unlike "buy american". Whether we like it or not.

Highbeam said:
That "buy local" idea is fine for some things but is quickly becoming an old fashioned idea. Not unlike "buy american". Whether we like it or not.
so true. When you can sit in your recliner and click purchase and have it at your front door in a day or 2. Why waist the gas ti drive somewhere. Specially when it's a special item no one has you save yourself from calling 20 places to see if they have it.

OK OK, you guys win. I am bleeding. :red: I like to support local. I hope the next guy to me does, then I can stick around and feed my family instead of moving down south and finding a job at Walmart because everybody else is out of business.
I know, quite the DRAMA. %-P

Uh oh, politics. I am pretty young I guess so am not programmed to walk into a store to buy merchandise. I do walk into a diner to eat breakfast or an auto shop for a broken truck. I dislike salesmen and I really dislike the pushy ones that use sales tactics.

If you work for or own a business that can be completely replaced by a remote vendor then I would suggest you try to get into something else. You have probably noticed that your clientele was all born prior to 1980 and that's probably not going to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.