Chase Clearance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DItR

Jan 12, 2016
Colorado
I'm installing a wood stove chimney in my house. What I'm trying to do is install it through an inside wall then go up through another floor before going through the attic. I'm planning a wall thimble through the interior wall to a "T" inside a pantry then straight up through a floor into a bedroom through the ceiling into the attic and to the roof. I plan on building a chase in the pantry and the bedroom.
My dilemma is trying to stuff this chimney between the east wall of the pantry and the west wall of the bedroom and have the correct 2" clearance around the chimney. I'm coming up an inch short of clearance. Is there anything I can use as a shield in the chase so I can safely have a shorter clearance?
Thanks,
J

Dura-vent makes a reduced clearance ceiling box that allows a 1" clearance. The box is 24" tall but Once the pipe leaves that box it requires a 2" clearance. There will no way to reduce the clearance to your pipe inside the chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.